Can that be? Of course! Happy lazy Mother’s Day!
For soup, you will need
- one bigger batata ( sweet potato )
- two medium size potatoes
- 1 small onion ( of half of a medium sized one )
- spice of your choice ( ours: bay leaf ), but that’s optional
- Peel the batata, potatoes and onion
- Chop all of them
- Heat up the oil ( or butter ) and add onions and bay leaf, and cook for few minutes
- Once they look glassy, add batata and potato and fry for a very small while
- Add water and a bit of salt ( that’s optional )
- When batatas and potatoes are tender, mix all ingredients with a hand blender. You’ll get a rich creamy soup.
I added a bit of nori seedweeds on top just to increase the variety of nutrients in the soup.
For the main course, you will need
- oil or butter
- Fry the broccoli shortly on hot oil / butter
- Add a bit of water, cover the pan with a lid and let it stew
- Preheat oven ( 200 degrees Celsius )
- Wash the salmon, sprinkle oil and salt on it
- Bake for max of 10 minutes
This was a huge hit. We haven’t had a batata soup for about a month, so as soon Ema saw it, my husband had hard times taking a good picture – she started her soup before I managed to sit down.
Have a great day!